This is a kid friendly thick and hearty soup! Since it has been getting colder and colder here in the midwest, I've decided to feature this recipe.
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1 cup chopped ham
- In a large stock pot add potatoes, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, water and parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until vegetables become tender.
- In a separate bowl mix flour and milk. Once it is well blended, add to soup mixture and cook until soup becomes thick.
- Stir in cheese, cooked ham or hamburger and simmer until cheese is melted
Nutritional InformationAmount Per Serving Calories: 299 | Total Fat: 14.7g | Cholesterol: 57mg
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you decide to make it, please leave a comment telling me how it turned out for you and if your family liked it!