Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sparkling Gem Ornament

This craft is fun to make and is also wonderful to give as an inexpensive Christmas gift. I wouldn't recommend doing this with younger children unless you buy plastic ornaments. 
Items you need:
  • Clear Glass Ball Ornament
  • Glitter Glue
  • Flat back acrylic jewel adornments
 Step 1:
Begin this jeweled ornament by removing the top covering to the ornament and set it aside.  
 
Next, paint dots of glitter glue sporadically around the ornament.

Step 2:
Place a jewel on top of each dot of glue.  Allow to dry well.

Step 3:
Trace an outline around each gem with some glitter glue, and allow the ornament to dry well.  The ornament is now ready for the tree or to give away as a handmade gift from the heart.
 

If you decide to make these awesome ornaments I would LOVE to see pictures!
xoxoxKATIExoxox

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I used to do a lot of crafting and thought that once I retired I would do a lot more. Strange thing, though, since I retired I haven't done ONE thing. Wonder what that means???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Sponsors/Companies

Katie's bookshelf::Blog-reviews

Euphemania: Our Love Affair with EuphemismsFirst of StateReasons Why YOU ROCK!: Realize Your Greatness and Amplify Your Personal PowerHow Music WorksRescueThr3e

More of Katie's books »
Katie's blog-reviews book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

counter


Make your own Countdown Clocks