· Frito-Lay starts with fresh, farm-grown ingredients, making many of our chips with just three simple ingredients: potatoes or corn, all-natural oils and salt.
· They were the first major food company to remove partially hydrogenated oils from our cooking oil way back in 2003. That means our chips have 0 grams trans fat because we use all-natural oils such as corn oil and sunflower oil.
· Many varieties of Frito-Lay chips provide whole grains like Tostitos® snacks, which contain 8 grams of whole grain corn per serving, and SunChips®, which brings 18 grams of whole grain per serving to your diet! SunChips® are also a good source of fiber.
· Frito-Lay supports American farmers and buys the potatoes used to make our potato chips from 80+ farms across 27 states.
I was so happy to become a Frito-Lay fan because I LOVE chips and Frito-Lay is my favorite brand! After joining, I received an email from a Frito-Lay rep asking me if I could review them on my blog. Of coarse I had to!
This is what I received:
What exactly was in there?
-A Reusable Shopping Bag
- An Eco-Friendly Water bottle with a clip attachment
- A Chip Clip
- A coupon for any Frito-Lay product under $3.99
-3 Bags of Chips:
Original Sun Chips:
I always get the Cheddar Sun Chips so I was happy to actually try the Original flavor. Yummy! They had a wonderful taste and they come in the "The Worlds First 100% Compostable Chip Package".
Tostitos Scoops tortilla chips are always a staple in my home and the taste great with some salsa. In fact, with the coupon that they gave me I went and bought some salsa to pair with my tortilla chips.
Lays Lightly Salted Potato Chips:
I actually really liked these! With 50% less sodium you can actually taste the chip itself and not just the salt. These are especially good with the Lays Ranch Dip.
I received product samples in order to give my honest opinion for this review. I received no monetary compensation to write this review. The opinions and 100% honest and my own.